free website stats program Inner Primary Removal? | Harley Davidson Forums

Inner Primary Removal?

~PK~

Im have a tough time with this one... everything besides the chain tensioner bolts are removed...including the starter. What else do i need to do?

Thanks,

Paul

Sounds to me like you got everything, might just need a bit more of a wiggle, or you are missing a bolt somewhere. That is usually my problem. One lone, hidden bolt.

The last person to assemble it may have used an adhesive to seal it. Use a rubber mallet (or block of wood) to tap all around it many times. Does it wiggle at all, or solid all around? Any starter bolts still in? I run a open belt primary on my shovel, so I can't remember if the rotor has to be pulled to get the inner off, but it seems like I didn't.

The last person to assemble it may have used an adhesive to seal it. Use a rubber mallet (or block of wood) to tap all around it many times. Does it wiggle at all, or solid all around? Any starter bolts still in? I run a open belt primary on my shovel, so I can't remember if the rotor has to be pulled to get the inner off, but it seems like I didn't.

I can see alittle bit of play in the front so i know its atleast loose to a point. Ill try your method and see what happens!

Thanks Guys,

Paul

Inside the primary behind where the clutch basket was you have at least three bolts, a couple more towards the compensator, plus two at the front outside the primary cover, right? All those are out, right?

TQ

Done

Its off now...took a 2 x 4 and wrapped it in a towel and tapped the back from the other side and it fell off :)

Thanks Guys,

Paul

Back