free website stats program inner fairing | Harley Davidson Forums

inner fairing

titan307

how do yall keep your inner fairings looking good. mine is looking sort of dull. tried some black magic trim stuff but it left it to greasy looking for me. i dont want it real shiny just looking clean and new.

I use Mothers Back to Black on my inner fairing. Put it on, let it sit a bit, then wipe the excess off or buff it. It leaves a nice satin finish. I use it on everything black (except my eng./trans cases) on all my vehicles

I use "Pig Spit".
Spray on lightly, don't even need to wipe down unless you think you got crazy with the spray.

Also can use it on engine cases. Makes things look new.

I thought about painting the inner fairing (a lot of extra work) but after using "Pig Spit", I've put that thought out of my mind. Much easier with spray.

Honestly, IMHO, best way to get your inner fairing looking good is remove/paint. It's a bugger to remove (not hard...lots of steps), but rewarding when complete. If you live in the upper 1/3 of our USA & have to take some riding time off for cold - not a bad project to tackle over a few weekends. Just a thought...

Honestly, IMHO, best way to get your inner fairing looking good is remove/paint. It's a bugger to remove (not hard...lots of steps), but rewarding when complete. If you live in the upper 1/3 of our USA & have to take some riding time off for cold - not a bad project to tackle over a few weekends. Just a thought...

This is what I'm doing as part of my repaint project, the inner fairing will get dark grey metallic basecoat-clearcoat all the other painted parts will get an additional coat of tangerine candy intermediate.

The stock, satin black, inner fairing is painted? I always thought is was the color of the ABS plastic. I'm gonna have to find an inconspicuous area to test.

The stock, satin black, inner fairing is painted? I always thought is was the color of the ABS plastic. I'm gonna have to find an inconspicuous area to test.

No Breeze the stock matte black inner fairing is not painted,it is just the molded black plastic.Another reason they go a murky grey in the sun.

No Breeze the stock matte black inner fairing is not painted,it is just the molded black plastic.Another reason they go a murky grey in the sun.

That's what I thought. I was questioning Icemans post #6 about removing paint from the inner.

Back