free website stats program Inner Fairing 2006 RG | Harley Davidson Forums

Inner Fairing 2006 RG

revok1200

My inner fairing on my RG is continually trying to turn white in several places.

It is almost like a coating that appears on the inner fairing. If I scrub it with a clothe some of it comes off. I usually use some type of polish to cover over it, but it is a temporary fix.

It gets worse after washing.

Is it the material breaking down on the fairing, or another bad MoCo selection in product?

I figure getting it painted is the easiest solution, any other ideas???

I've also had good results with Mothers Back to Black. I use it on all satin, flat black, vinyl and rubber surfaces on all of my vehicles.

revok1200; you probably don't have much downtime in the winter (NC), but painting the IF pretty much takes care of this issue and adds a little pizzaz to the bike. Might be a nice little project over a long weekend.

I would just paint the inner fairing and be done with it and by the way a painted inner fairing is the way to go. After you have the inner painted you will wonder why you waited so long to do this fantastic upgrade. Taking the inner fairing off/on is no big deal, you should take some pics of the wiring and label all the wires, be sure to paint the speedometer bezel/fork covers as well. A complete inner fairing paint job will cost you somewhere between $250 to $350 depending on the paint cost.

Back