free website stats program Injection problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Injection problem

Constantin

Hi everyone,
I have an Harley Davidson Road King 1996 injected and now I have this problem with the injection I guess.
My bike runs ok for 10 minutes then my spark plugs are getting very wet and the bike starts to run uneven and in shocks.
Please maybe someone has some information about this to help me!
Thank you so much!
Constantin

Fuel Injectors - The fuel injectors are nothing more than electric valves that open and close to deliver a high-pressure spray of fuel pointed directly at the intake valve. They are controlled by output signals from the ECM to open at a precise moment. If more fuel is needed, the ECM will signal the injector to remain open longer. The period of time is known as the injector "pulse width" and is measured in milliseconds. (1/1000 of a second) They are in the intake manifold near each cylinder head.

Maybe start with checking the ECM, it may be faulty.

Many things can cause spark plugs to foul from fuel.
From a weak spark, bad spark plugs, engine temp sensor and a MAP sensor are main culprits.
Look for vacuum leaks and see if you can pull codes.
Engine temp sensor reading cold will keep system in a rich condition.
MAP sensor tells the ECM the load the engine is under, During deceleration more vacuum is made from the engine, acceleration the vacuum drops causing ECM to adjust for more fuel do to load. If the MAP sensor sends a signal of no / low vacuum that will cause an enriched condition leading to fuel fouled plugs.
May be something else but I would confirm the above items are good.

Back