free website stats program Initiated | Harley Davidson Forums

Initiated

indianboy

Well it finally happened. I got initiated by a cage (car) this afternoon. The girl turned left in front of me at an intersection and after I hit all three (clutch, front and rear brake) I hit her in her rear quarter panel. Thank God no one was hurt. I kept the 08 Road Glide up but I did bend the engine guard, foot pad, right turn signal and scuffed my right bag on her car. What makes it so bad - this was my first ride of the season.

Well it finally happened. I got initiated by a cage (car) this afternoon. The girl turned left in front of me at an intersection and after I hit all three (clutch, front and rear brake) I hit her in her rear quarter panel. Thank God no one was hurt. I kept the 08 Road Glide up but I did bend the engine guard, foot pad, right turn signal and scuffed my right bag on her car. What makes it so bad - this was my first ride of the season.

The Lord is watching!! So this was not your last ride.

TQ

glad to hear everyone is ok, I had my first close call this week, blue hair almost rearended me, hit my left rear turn signal, just a quick reminder to all you northern boys that the blue hairs are leaving here for the summer and returning home up north, be careful and stay alert at all times.

The wife and I will be down there in a couple of weeks at the Leesburg bike fest ( minus the bikes now). Your blue hair loss is our gain?

Glad to hear that you're OK. I don't know what's going on, but around here they're not even waiting for us. They're running into each other and anything else that dares to go near the roads.

Never seen such a bunch of road zombies in my life.:bigsmiley19::bigsmiley19::bigsmiley19:

The wife and I will be down there in a couple of weeks at the Leesburg bike fest ( minus the bikes now). Your blue hair loss is our gain?

I'll be a Leesburg for the weekend with the wife and group of other people, I think there are other hdtimeline members going, feel free to keep the blue hairs as long as you want

Glad to hear you were so alert and came out of it OK. Several people have brought up the fact that for many riders up North, you're just now getting out on the roads on a semi-regular basis and the 4-wheel folks just aren't used to looking for you yet. Plus, you're usually bound to be a bit rusty in the saddle for awhile so it behooves everyone to review emergency stops and avoidance maneuvers and practice them too.

Glad to hear that you are ok. Yes there are alot of crazy's out there.Too many people on the phones and texting IMO.Be safe!

Back