free website stats program Ingition switch ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Ingition switch ?

On my 91 fxstc it has the acc off ING. Then lights on the switch my lights run all the time when the bike is running so what's the lights switch do if I turn it to that postion it looks the same as it turned to ing didn't know if it was for add on lights or anything
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I'm not totally sure exactly what you are asking, but on my Dyna the lights are fed off the Ignition circuit, but the turn sigs and stop light is fed off the Accy circuit.

However the Accy circuit is also on when the switch is in the ignition position.

But the ignition is not on when the switch is in the Accy position.

Last edited:
On my 91 fxstc it has the acc off ING. Then lights on the switch my lights run all the time when the bike is running so what's the lights switch do if I turn it to that postion it looks the same as it turned to ing didn't know if it was for add on lights or anything

I rode with a guy that had a '91 Fatboy. I remember his lights were not on all the time, because he had a problem of the bike dying when he switched to "lights". Maybe someone rewired your switch, it's very easy to do.

That's what I was kinda thinking that it was made so the lights were off when switch was on ing. postion then come on when switched to lights but the person that had the bike before prob hard wired the switch so the lights are on all the time which I like better so I don't have to worry about them. Just wondering thanks guys for the info

That's what I was kinda thinking that it was made so the lights were off when switch was on ing. postion then come on when switched to lights but the person that had the bike before prob hard wired the switch so the lights are on all the time which I like better so I don't have to worry about them. Just wondering thanks guys for the info

Easy to do, We would clip the yellow wire on the ignition switch, that way when starting the bike the lights were not on

My 92 softail custom has the same switch but lights only come on when the switch is turned to lights i usually start the bike with the lights off then switch them on once started as my bike an an hdi model some of the wiring will be different from the domestic models

Brian

Back