free website stats program Info | Harley Davidson Forums

Info

Magser

Friends hope this doesn't sound stupid,I have a 96 Standard for some time now and when cleaning the other day I found a dust cap a wheel pumping type of nozzle I think it might be something connected with air shocks.I did put a query as to how to adjust the air shocks but could not find where as per the answer,I have not got a manual and probably would not understand it if I had,God bless,Jim.

Jim you didn't say where you found the "dust cap" and what it was covering. Your air shocks for the rear should have a schrader valve on the left hand side of the bike attached to the frame above the saddle bags. If this is the valve your seeing you will need a hand pump made for this, do not use compressed air as this will damage your shocks. Harley sells a hand pump just for this application.

My 97 FLHT had both schrader valves on the right side behind r s saddle bag lid if that helps any

according to the 95, to 96 the manual the rear suspension air supply valve looks to be at the bottom of the left side cover and the front air supply valve is at the end of the left grip.max air for the front is 25 psi rear is 35psi. no less than 10 psi not recommended for the front. HDDon is right use only the hand pump.

My 97 FLHT had both schrader valves on the right side behind r s saddle bag lid if that helps any

Jack,,,,, That's for people who are "ambidextrous":lolrolling:newsmile08::lol

couldn't resist Jack... Your OLD buddy :newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

Many thanks lads,I think I got an answer from Jack some time ago to a similar query and as this query I did not give enough information (me auld head aint what it used to be with all that snow on top)anyway Harold you are right the dust cap was on the left hand grip and when this bloody rain stops I'll haul the bike out of the garage and adjust the air suspensions,again thanks for all your tolerence from this aging biker God bless and guide us all safely home where ever we ride,Jim

Back