free website stats program info on bike with no title | Harley Davidson Forums

info on bike with no title

chopper75

i have a friend that is lookin at a old cafe racer. the lady that has this bike doesnt have a title. her husband bought the bike 20 years ago or so and passed away before he got it transfered to him. she cant find any of the paper work period. the bike was originally the bike came from florida.
just wondering if anyone had a suggestion on this problem of how to get a title for this bike.

You will probably need to apply for a lost title through the DMV after they do a VIN search. There are a few extra fees involved but not that big a deal, at least not in Oregon. It may take a little time however...after all... it is the D (slow) M (dont care) V (please take a number).

You should come to NE DMV's - most efficient & organized I've seen. Never wait more than 5 min in line...I think it's their motto.

Definitely get everything you can collected on the bike & visit DMV before exchanging $$$. This way you'll know if there'll be headache's w/transferring ownership. Good luck!

Last edited:
get a bill of sale from the lady and any info she remembers about the person that sold the bike its over 20 years old a bill of sale should be good but you may have to take the bike to the mva so they can run the numbers

Rick....just an fyi, that original post is close to 3 years old. In the top grey strip above the post is the date :s

Back