free website stats program Info for western Michigan trip? | Harley Davidson Forums

Info for western Michigan trip?

Ozoneman

I'm planning a trip to Michigan's western shoreline in mid August. I plan to come up 31 to South Haven and then continue north to Grand Haven, Muskegon, Manistee, around the Leelanau peninsula towns, and Traverse City. I may go to Charlevoix and Harbor Springs. We're going to do all this in 5 days.

Where are the best places to eat and what things should we stop to see?

There is a floating wwII museum ship the u.s.s. silversides in Muskegon that I really want to go back to. Kinda neat if you're into that kind of thing.

Thanks for the info on the boat.

How about popular places to eat? Since we will be on the road 5 days, we will be eating out a lot. I like to find places that are different than what I normally see here in Indy. As you know a big part of the trip is experiencing new places and new things.

How about the rest of you guys? Can't you help me out?

I cant remember how far Rockford is from 31 but its the home of a hot dog bar its by the dam. you eat more then 4 you get your name on wall its fun.The town is pretty to, also the home of wolverine boots. Ill try to find the name of that bar.

Oh yeah 28th street in Grand Rapids is grub lane anything you can think of.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're heading up to Traverse City, do dinner at Boone's Long Lake Inn. Biggest and best steaks and prrime in Michigan. It's located just West of the highway a few miles south of Traverse. There's signs it's well worth the trip.

Made it back OK. Had great weather all 5 days and rode a little over 1,100 miles on the trip. We only made it as far as Traverse City but didn't get the message about Boone's Long Lake Inn until we got back. We ate at the North Peak Brewpub in Traverse City (pretty good food).

There was plenty of scenic views as we rode along Lake Michigan and other small lakes. View at Arcadia Lookout was fantastic. Roads were good most of the time, but there were a couple that needed some work. Best meal was at Old Boys Brewhouse in Spring Lake.

Back