free website stats program Incentive To Buy New Bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Incentive To Buy New Bike

threesteps

Things may be looking up if you are thinking of buying a new motorcycle, light truck, care, or motorhome. The recently passed “stimulus bill” has a provision that allows new buyers to deduct the sales tax they pay through the end of this year. More details should be coming out in the days ahead.

I'll add it to my $13/wk.
I wonder how all those people feel that voted for Obama just because he gave them the impression he was going to give them a free check and all they got was pretty much nothing.

13 bucks a week is a Big Incentive to ride my FatBob? I figure at 2 bucks a gallon, and my FatBob has a 5 gallon tank. Heck. I can filll it up once a week and still have enough money left over for a cup of java.

From what I have read,which is everything I could get a hold of that has been released. The economic stimulus packages in Canada and the U.S. are politicians wish list. Niether truly have a common sense plan,they are just throwing money around,not addressing the true issues we face.Example,if you spend money on renovating your house they will give you a credit of up to 10% on the cost of the renovation,does this help the unemployed.they are throwing mega money at the arts so that live theatres don't close,does this help the mainstream? Their solution is to spend their way out of debt and I have never seen this theory go well JMHO

From what I have read,which is everything I could get a hold of that has been released. The economic stimulus packages in Canada and the U.S. are politicians wish list. Niether truly have a common sense plan,they are just throwing money around,not addressing the true issues we face.Example,if you spend money on renovating your house they will give you a credit of up to 10% on the cost of the renovation,does this help the unemployed.they are throwing mega money at the arts so that live theatres don't close,does this help the mainstream? Their solution is to spend their way out of debt and I have never seen this theory go well JMHO

Steve I gotta laugh a bit. When I came across the info about the tax deductions on buying a car, bike, etc. I started not to make the post due to my feelings concerning the "stimulus" pkg are much like yours......way too much special interest money vs real stimulus.:( However, my purpose in the thread is to just pass along that a person might get a few bucks back on their purchase based on the provision in the bill. Hopefully, some folks will sell and need to produce a few more vehicles as a result of this provision.:)

Back