free website stats program im having issues with my 03 road king.... | Harley Davidson Forums

im having issues with my 03 road king....

harleygirl89

hello ive had my road king a few years now and im having issues with it when its turned off my blinkers/parking lights are on but when i try to start it it wont start at all i have changed the battery and still have the same reaction,ive jump the starter and it started then turned it off and my lights came back on the stop button will turn it off but the lights are on my turn singals dont blink , i dont know what the problem can be.... can any one help me.
all the lights work except the starter button and my turn signals. does any one have any ideas????? pleaseee help me

Other than change the battery what other work has been done on the bike recently?

I'll take a guess. Starter relay. Like Don asked. what was done to the bike before this h started happening?

Do you have a factory harley security system? If so, it sounds like the security module went bad. Just fixed the same problem myself.

This kind of problem could be a bad ground on the battery.
It might allow enough current flow for lights but not blinkers or starter.
If this is the case, the lights will go out while trying to start.
WAP.gif

Do you have a factory harley security system? If so, it sounds like the security module went bad. Just fixed the same problem myself.

it was close to that it was the turn signal module i just took it in and got it looked at....thank you soo much and thank everyone else who helped me...:p

Back