free website stats program I'm confused and hope someone can help me | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm confused and hope someone can help me

gwm1471

My father just passed and I inherited his Harley he bought brand new in 1994. Anyway, he had always referenced the bike as a FLHTCU...I can still see him telling me that as if it were yesterday. So now that he has passed and it is my bike, I get the title and it lists the model as a FLHCLA...I can't find that anywhere. It has a 'DJ' VIN code which means it is a FLHTC but how can the title be wrong? Wouldn't that information have come from the Certificate of Origin from Harley? Not major important, but I am curious...

Thanks...

So am I to assume the DMV forgot the 'T' making it FLHTCLA? It specifically states FLHCLA as them model.

They didn't forget it they just omitted it. The VIN tells the story, forget about DMV as long as they got the VIN right! I hope you keep it and enjoy it.:s

My father just passed and I inherited his Harley he bought brand new in 1994. Anyway, he had always referenced the bike as a FLHTCU...I can still see him telling me that as if it were yesterday. So now that he has passed and it is my bike, I get the title and it lists the model as a FLHCLA...I can't find that anywhere. It has a 'DJ' VIN code which means it is a FLHTC but how can the title be wrong? Wouldn't that information have come from the Certificate of Origin from Harley? Not major important, but I am curious...

I have never seen a FLHTCLA model, There are Flhtc and Flhtcu for that year, must be a mis print on the title

Back