free website stats program Ignition module on 1988 FLSTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Ignition module on 1988 FLSTC

Freddy2081

Hi Everybody.
I'm almost done with the upgrades to Stage 1 for my ol' lady. The only thing left is the ignition module.
I got a Screamin eagle module with 8000rpm limiter, and I also have the adapter wire to put on my bike.
The module is under the oil tank, I can see it by removing the battery and feel it with my fingers, but I couldn't find anywhere hints on how to proceed to get it out.
Do I have to take out the oil tank? I'm guessing yes, so I was wondering if anybody has a basic step by step procedure... Not even my clymer manual tells me..

:unsure

Unfortunately, yes. You will have to remove the tank. You may want to think about relocating it. That will make it easy to access and get it away from the heat of the oil tank.

Unfortunately, yes. You will have to remove the tank. You may want to think about relocating it. That will make it easy to access and get it away from the heat of the oil tank.

Oh man, just finished to do a gasket job and really didn't want to go back to grease monkey mode...

Will definitely relocate it....

Back