free website stats program Ignition lock misaligned! | Harley Davidson Forums

Ignition lock misaligned!

eire1400

Hello all. I've searched the forum but can't find an answer so thought I'd post. I've a 98 heritage that I can't but the key into! Unlocked the bike and drove it as normal this morning, but when I switched it off and went to lock the ignition the key wouldn't go in! locked is 12 oclock, open is 3 o'clock mine is stuck somewhere around 1:30!! Anyone seen this before? Can't get key in to turn it the rest of the way nor can i grab it with anything. Thanks in advance.

Hello all. I've searched the forum but can't find an answer so thought I'd post. I've a 98 heritage that I can't but the key into! Unlocked the bike and drove it as normal this morning, but when I switched it off and went to lock the ignition the key wouldn't go in! locked is 12 oclock, open is 3 o'clock mine is stuck somewhere around 1:30!! Anyone seen this before? Can't get key in to turn it the rest of the way nor can i grab it with anything. Thanks in advance.

Will the switch function at all, meaning can you turn it to run the bike?

If it will start, you probably need to plan for changing out the switch to be able to lock it in the future.

TQ

Will the switch function at all, meaning can you turn it to run the bike?

If it will start, you probably need to plan for changing out the switch to be able to lock it in the future.

TQ

Yes the switch functions, Just can't get key in to lock.

Eire1400, welcome to the HDTimeline forum...while others will weigh in shortly, I found this video if your ignition setup is on a console, using the Search Tab and typing keywords ignition lock

Thanks, ignition is on gas tank.

Back