free website stats program ignition clicks bike wont start | Harley Davidson Forums

ignition clicks bike wont start

Slowride

I have a 1996 ultra tour glide FLTCUI. the start switch is ok the battery is ok the start relay is ok. When I try to start the bike I here every thing click but no start. charge the bat it starts. take a ride come home try to go agian wont start just click. What could it be.

Use a voltmeter and check to see if the battery is getting any charging voltage while engine is running.

I have a 1996 ultra tour glide FLTCUI. the start switch is ok the battery is ok the start relay is ok. When I try to start the bike I here every thing click but no start. charge the bat it starts. take a ride come home try to go agian wont start just click. What could it be.

By ok do you mean checked by a gauge or meter to show ok?

I would think IF all is OK like you said, It Could be Voltage Regulator or Stator not putting enough juice into battery while running, being you charge it at home and it will start then....On the ride it uses the juice and doesn't have enough juice to start again after the ride. Right?

I and Others here will want to know more facts like
""how old is the battery?

"" If you go on the ride after starting, ""how long of a ride is that? and ""will it start right up again after turned off after the ride? , and/or ""not starting the next time tried ?? meaning next day?

give a little more information and we'll try tto help.

signed....BUBBIE

Charge and load test the battery after removing the surface charge

By ok do you mean checked by a gauge or meter to show ok?

I would think IF all is OK like you said, It Could be Voltage Regulator or Stator not putting enough juice into battery while running, being you charge it at home and it will start then....On the ride it uses the juice and doesn't have enough juice to start again after the ride. Right?

I and Others here will want to know more facts like
""how old is the battery?

"" If you go on the ride after starting, ""how long of a ride is that? and ""will it start right up again after turned off after the ride? , and/or ""not starting the next time tried ?? meaning next day?

give a little more information and we'll try to help.

signed....BUBBIE

Now this is where i get a LITTLE disappointed... I know it happens, NEW Member and I take TIME, jump right in to help and NO response...

Maybe this time..... Or next time...

Now this is where i get a LITTLE disappointed... I know it happens, NEW Member and I take TIME, jump right in to help and NO response...

Maybe this time..... Or next time...

Very rude, what would you propose we should do to him? Maybe walk the plank? :lolrolling

Easy stuff first. Take the battery cables loose at both ends (neg. first), wire brush the mating surfaces at each end of both cables, resecure the cables (neg. last) and try it.

TQ

Back