free website stats program Ign wiring..one more time! | Harley Davidson Forums

Ign wiring..one more time!

neverdown

I wired everything by the diagram. When I turn the key to start ( no start button ) the starter clanks once ( the plunger activates ) and thats all. I turn it off, then to start again, ( and physically push the plunger in ) sometimes I get a clicking at the starter relay and sometimes a buzzing ( this is the four post relay numbered 30, 85, 86, 87. )

My diagram shows the wire from the coil ( dual coil, single fire ) going to the start post on the ign. The Crane directions say the wire goes to the power or on post. Is that the same as the accessories that the lights go to, or does it go to the start or ignition post?

This is the second time I have re-done the wiring. Can anybody help?
Thanks.

I wired everything by the diagram. When I turn the key to start ( no start button ) the starter clanks once ( the plunger activates ) and thats all. I turn it off, then to start again, ( and physically push the plunger in ) sometimes I get a clicking at the starter relay and sometimes a buzzing ( this is the four post relay numbered 30, 85, 86, 87. )

My diagram shows the wire from the coil ( dual coil, single fire ) going to the start post on the ign. The Crane directions say the wire goes to the power or on post. Is that the same as the accessories that the lights go to, or does it go to the start or ignition post?

This is the second time I have re-done the wiring. Can anybody help?
Thanks.

You DO have a pos to the starter from the battery, rignt? If the starter clanks , it could be a bad solenoid if that's what you are referring to as "plunger".

The coil should go to the ignition (constant on) of the switch.

Back