free website stats program IDS or SE COMPENSATOR? | Harley Davidson Forums

IDS or SE COMPENSATOR?

Hey, it's only money right? Order what you need to do both from Zanotti's and you'll have 2 winter projects that will tremendously improve the quality of your ride!

I think if you do the SE Compensator, you will probably decide you don't need the IDS.
If you go the other route, you will still have the bang on start-up and the rattle.

I think if you do the SE Compensator, you will probably decide you don't need the IDS.
If you go the other route, you will still have the bang on start-up and the rattle.

My thinking also............:)

I wrestled with the same choice and upgraded to the SE comp sprocket, just last week. My theory (and it’s a layman’s theory) was to fix the problem at the source, so that drive train shock does not propagate through the system.
The starter knock is gone. The drive train is smoother, I’m sure due to the heftier springs as they absorb some of that initial ‘spike’ energy.
The rattling noise is much less, but still comes through, more so 2 up. Need to ensure there isn’t something else contributing here. No plans for an IDS at this time.

The ‘how-to’ by gs34 was excellent. I also crafted the locking tool as per gs34 description. Worked perfect. :)

I reckon I am pretty ignorant. I have no idea what this IDS thing is that ya'll are talking about.
I did install the SE comp kit on my 2007 Ultra. Made a world of difference. NO more starter bang. No more marbles in the primary. Smoother shifting. Best mod I have done.:TEXAS

Back