free website stats program Idle screw on throttle body | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle screw on throttle body

Job luck

Idle screw on my throttle body fell off, where can I find a replacement screw?
harley won't sell you one and have tried some standard and metric screws with no luck, must be some special threads. Anyone have any Info they are willing to share?

Idle screw on my throttle body fell off, where can I find a replacement screw?
harley won't sell you one and have tried some standard and metric screws with no luck, must be some special threads. Anyone have any Info they are willing to share?

These are probably as close to what you will need, Go to Harbor Freight and get a package of machine screws some of us old timers call them stove bolts, you will also need a spring, try a ballpoint pen or two:s

Idle screw on my throttle body fell off

There should not be an idle screw on a 2007 throttle body. There may be a butterfly Stop screw but not an adjustable idle screw.
I can't imagine the stop screw just falling out. Those are usually staked in place. If the stop screw is removed, damage to the throttle body bore will usually happen when the butterfly hits it on return.

The idle stop screw that Job luck mentioned in his post is a preset idle stop screw that shouldn't be adjusted after it leaves the factory. It is usually covered with a plug that is staked into place. There's no spring involved with this screw, however you have to set up the TPS voltage by adjusting the replacement screw so the parameters of all the sensors will be right in order for the engine to run properly. This can be done with a meter and the values would be measured at the TPS. I don't have the values handy but maybe Hoop will have them, they vary some years and models.

The TPS itself is non adjustable like the older models were and this is the way you have to set the values up.

I would also put a drop of blue locktite on the screw when you adjust it.

glider you are correct about the screw or bolt. my problem is all the Harley Davidson dealers I've called or went to tell me they don't sell that screw or bolt, they want to sell me a new throttle body for $ 500.00 and that ain't going to happen. I went to King Bolt over in West Covina and bought some screws that looked like they fit both in standard and metric, they seem to be the correct size but the threads are different. what I'm trying to find out is what isn the correct screw size? I've been told to retap the hole with a bolt that will fit, but I want to see if I can find the correct bold before I retap the hole.

If you find a parts guy that isn't lazy :laugh They can look it up for you and find out the pitch and thread on the screw. Maybe try calling a few?

You are aware that there is a fine and a coarse thread on every size bolt?

Back