free website stats program Idle problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle problem

trickydoc

got an 01 ultra. having trouble with the idle, have screwed the torx idle adjustment in some to get the idle up to 1000 where it needs to be. it will not stay. been thinking it might be the temp sensor. is there any way to check if the sensor is good. they are around 30 bucks so I might just replace it if there is no good way to check. oh it will not high idle when cold is what made me think of the temp sensor.

In addition to what Chopper put up, instructions for an easy way to adjust the MM injection have been in the self help section for a while. Works well, and has saved my but a couple of times.

Setting Idle On MM Systems - Harley Davidson Community

stuff I forgot in my original post above...

In the instructions above, the first way was the easiest for me. It's a tight fit to get to the cold idle screw and I found using a small sized torx driver (as in jeweler's screwdriver size) worked best (I think it's a #10 torx...can't recall for sure, been a while since I adjusted it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Good info Choppper do I understand right that is for the early mm EFI. Is there any way to adjust the idle on the newer EFI like 2007?

Back