free website stats program Identifly This Carb Part? | Harley Davidson Forums

Identifly This Carb Part?

HarleyDok

Hey guys, long time lurker from the old NGs, just getting back into my bike, hope you can help.

My 97 FXSTC sat idle for several years, good idle and mid range but had poor acceleration above 50 mph. Pulled the stock cv carb for a cleaning and rebuild, found junked up float bowl, tarnished/corroded dynojet jet needle and emulsifier, main jet, accelerator pump, etc. Anyway replacement parts on their way including the slide/diaphragm.

BUT:

I look down on the bench and find this part, pic attached. It is NOT the bushing that holds the connecting rod from the throttle to the accelerator pump actuator cam. I cannot find it in the exploded view of carb parts, throttle assembly, etc

Does it belong to this carb, or is is a piece of junk that happened to be on the bench?

Thanks!

Harleydok

Attachments

• WP_20150505_21_50_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150505_21_50_52_Pro.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 37
  • WP_20150505_21_51_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150505_21_51_10_Pro.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 33
Hey guys, long time lurker from the old NGs, just getting back into my bike, hope you can help.

My 97 FXSTC sat idle for several years, good idle and mid range but had poor acceleration above 50 mph. Pulled the stock cv carb for a cleaning and rebuild, found junked up float bowl, tarnished/corroded dynojet jet needle and emulsifier, main jet, accelerator pump, etc. Anyway replacement parts on their way including the slide/diaphragm.

BUT:

I look down on the bench and find this part, pic attached. It is NOT the bushing that holds the connecting rod from the throttle to the accelerator pump actuator cam. I cannot find it in the exploded view of carb parts, throttle assembly, etc

Does it belong to this carb, or is is a piece of junk that happened to be on the bench?

Thanks!

Harleydok
i have an 05 fxstb , been into my carb to many times to count. but i have never seen a part like that one .

Post 3,4 & 5 are correct. If you look at the other 3 screws they are shouldered, the 4th. is not and goes where Bodeen stated.
tourbox

Thanks for all the replies. Yep, that's the part. I can't believe I overlooked it many times in the FSM. However, the FSM pictures it but doesn't label or name it as it is in the provided link to the exploded view, which may be why my eye didn't pick up on it.

Carb is re-assembled, next to reinstall and see if it works. You guy are great, thanks again!

harleydok

Back