free website stats program I thought I had seen it all | Harley Davidson Forums

I thought I had seen it all

Stopped into the Tucson HD dealership on my last road trip to get the obligatory T-Shirt, when proudly displayed in two rows side by side there were the latest 2009 HD models next to a row of Vespa scooters.

Times must be really bad, almost made me want to cry.

Not a very friendly bunch at the dealer ship either. With 40 degrees outside, they didn't even have a cup of coffee for somebody walking into the store.

Down here, at my dealership, we have a rec-room with pool table, free coffee all the time and even free pizza on Saturday's. It helps that it is a new dealership (2yrs) that are still trying to build their clientele.

Bernhard

I have to agree with Richard. If they have to sell scooters to help them weather the storm, so be it. I'd rather have a good dealership "lower" their standard and remain a good dealership so I'll have a good dealership to go to over the next few years.

As far as coffee and pizza and all that, it doesn't really make any difference to me. Call me old school but if I'm going to a Harley dealership, I'm not going for coffee, pizza or whatever. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, but I don't expect it. Don't take this the wrong way, but it's like walking into a Walmart with no greeter...is that really why you shop there? JMO

''lower'' their standard. I take exception to that! I used to own a 1969 Vespa scooter and it was a darn diehard toy.I even took that poor thing hill climbing! It didn't do that too well but it didn't give up:D

I'm with you Steve, my love for the two wheeled sports did not start with a Harley and certainly won't end with it...I am just enjoying the ride the Harley gives, and the comraderie it brings to the overall experience. I probably won't do as well, and I definately don't give up on challenges either, just stubborn that way...!

No one mentioned free WiFi? :D Can't be a good dealership if I can't hookup with my iPhone. . . . . Ok, I'm gone. :rofl
Ugly John

No one mentioned free WiFi? :D Can't be a good dealership if I can't hookup with my iPhone. . . . . Ok, I'm gone. :rofl
Ugly John

Truck stops are great,aren't they? Free WIFI in almost everyone of them:D

''lower'' their standard. I take exception to that! I used to own a 1969 Vespa scooter and it was a darn diehard toy.I even took that poor thing hill climbing! It didn't do that too well but it didn't give up:D

:wall:wallThat probably was not the best way to describe that. Allow me to change ""lower"their standard" to "alter their style":wall Not much better,i know, but the overall idea is that it's no longer business as it once was. The economy has taken a toll on many...

definitely not the first time i've had to eat my foot. My wife calls it hoof-in-mouth disease.

I was in that same dealership in Tucson back in November. The girl that helped me with my T-Shirt purchase was very nice but nobody else in the dealership seemed to care. I was there just before closing time so I can't say that my stay there was very long. Got the t-shirt and was out of there.

:wall:wallThat probably was not the best way to describe that. Allow me to change ""lower"their standard" to "alter their style":wall Not much better,i know, but the overall idea is that it's no longer business as it once was. The economy has taken a toll on many...

definitely not the first time i've had to eat my foot. My wife calls it hoof-in-mouth disease.

I am a small business owner trying to grasp this latest downturn.in my 28 yrs. in business I have never seen an economy like it is now! I think that I may shortly be going from manufacturing trailers to frame and floor rust repairs on cars which is where I started out!

Back