free website stats program I think waving is overrated | Harley Davidson Forums

I think waving is overrated

TCSTD

Account Removed
WE just got back from a 3 week bike trip to Sturgis. We noticed that since there were so many bikes on the road that most never took the time to wave because they would have had their left hands always in the air waving. After spending that much time not waving we actually found that we enjoyed it. I don't know where the waving thing actually started but it was nice just riding down the road and enjoying the sights and sounds without all the waving. We actually found ourselves not doing much waving at all even on the way home.

2.gif
3.gif
1.gif
4.gif

I wave at everyone. Harleys, metrics, scooters, real fast bicycles, skateboards, women. I am your worst nightmare.
5.gif

I usually find that when there is an event where there are tons of bikes coming and going to an area, the waving is not done all that often. Just too many to acknowledge. For ex., Lake George Americade. All that week, in and out of town, there are thousands of bikes/riders around. Almost no one waves.
That said, in my quiet little area of Northwest CT, on back roads, an occasional bike going the other way...we give a little hand signal to acknowledge another rider. No big thing. Certainly not 'necessary'. Just a sign of ' Hello...glad we're on two wheels ( or three). I don't get bent out of shape if my little signal is not returned...Whatever.

I wave to every bike that passes me. Truth be told, I rarely look to see if they waved back. I find that the majority of riders do wave....

2.gif
3.gif
1.gif
4.gif

I wave at everyone. Harleys, metrics, scooters, real fast bicycles, skateboards, women. I am your worst nightmare.
5.gif

I FIGURED that was you gasbag ....:lolrolling

I try to wave but like many, when Too Many and a Big event I just Jump up and down a little and nod my helmet, showing the Bugs on my teeth...:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

Yea at big events the waving kinda just gets put aside and understandably so.

For meeting an occasional rider on the road I always wave but round my area everyone does the low down casual thing that don't take much effort. You just drop your left hand down off the bar and hold it there. Takes very little effort. If it's a non social crotch rocketeer that doesn't wave back it's very easy to just raise you hand back up to the bar.

i wave to everyone on two wheels, even sportbike riders. i dont wave to those goofy looking things with 2 front wheels, just aint right, lol.
what amazes me, is the guys i see who will wave when i am on the harley, and talk to me at the stops. but i pass them or pull up on the sportbike and i am ignored. amazing, and shows you who the true riders are. the guys who are out for the ride, don't care what you are on, hd, metric, sportbike, etc.

Back