free website stats program I need to change my heritage style handlebar. | Harley Davidson Forums

I need to change my heritage style handlebar.

Andrei

I have replaced my stock handlebar with the heritage style one for my 2008 RoadKing Classic.
The problem is that also this handlebar is to low and too far away from me.
My shoulders are killing me.
I have also put the reach seat on and the situation is better now.
The problem with the reach seat is that I really don't like the position: it;s like you sit on top of the gas tank.
Can anyone tell me what handlebar should I choose?
I want one which has 2-2,5 inches more pullback and 1-1,5 inches taller than the heritage one.

Thanks.

Well if your have deeeeeeeeeeeeeep pockets I think in the longrun it may be cheaper to go with the heli bars.
Horizon Adjustable Motorcycle Handlebars & Risers for Harley-Davidson touring & cruising bikes by Heli Modified: HeliBars for Harley motorcycles: Heritage, Fat Boy, Road King, Daytona, Sturgis, Custom, Low Rider, Wide Glide, Convertible, Super Glide.

I have tried so many bars over the years I gave up on the road king period.

Well over the summer I picked up a 2005 Road King with the factory sidecar. It came with the solo sundowner on the bike and I believe the stock handlebars. This set up is almost ok and I'm good for 200 miles or so before the pain sets in.

I'm tall so I wish that someday HD would design a bike built for us larger riders, ie have the seat moved back a 1/2" or a little more I 'm sure that it would really help.

Does anybody know if the 09 and 10 models with the new frame sits the rider back further??

I have replaced my stock handlebar with the heritage style one for my 2008 RoadKing Classic.
The problem is that also this handlebar is to low and too far away from me.
My shoulders are killing me.
I have also put the reach seat on and the situation is better now.
The problem with the reach seat is that I really don't like the position: it;s like you sit on top of the gas tank.
Can anyone tell me what handlebar should I choose?
I want one which has 2-2,5 inches more pullback and 1-1,5 inches taller than the heritage one.

Thanks.

I have 09 Heritage and thought stock bars were too high,changed mine for Fat Boy bars for comfort think there pretty much on a par with your old RK ones,think you will have to go for a higher Ape style but think that would still give you pain in shoulders after a while,have you tried all models in showroom... Good Luck

Problem with trying bars in the showroom is that they may indeed feel ok, but after 100 miles or so you may hate them.

I think that this is HD biggest money maker in the options dept.........

I have 09 Heritage and thought stock bars were too high,changed mine for Fat Boy bars for comfort think there pretty much on a par with your old RK ones,think you will have to go for a higher Ape style but think that would still give you pain in shoulders after a while,have you tried all models in showroom... Good Luck

Well if your have deeeeeeeeeeeeeep pockets I think in the longrun it may be cheaper to go with the heli bars.:small3d036:touring & cruising bikes by Heli Modified: HeliBars for Harley motorcycles: Heritage, Fat Boy, Road King, Daytona, Sturgis, Custom, Low Rider, Wide Glide, Convertible, Super Glide.

I have tried so many bars over the years I gave up on the road king period.

Well over the summer I picked up a 2005 Road King with the factory sidecar. It came with the solo sundowner on the bike and I believe the stock handlebars. This set up is almost ok and I'm good for 200 miles or so before the pain sets in.

I'm tall so I wish that someday HD would design a bike built for us larger riders, ie have the seat moved back a 1/2" or a little more I 'm sure that it would really help.

Does anybody know if the 09 and 10 models with the new frame sits the rider back further??

The problem is that I am only 5 feet and 8 inches high, and I really don't want to spend 900 usd on a handlebar.
I like the looks of the Wild1 bars but I don't know what to choose.

Does anybody here, with the same height (5'8") like me have the Helibars mounted?
Can you please post some pictures with you sitting on the bike?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 09 RKC and there is a difference in the sitting / leg position from 08 model and earlier models, between the 08 that I service for a customer and my 09 there feels to be about 1 or maybe 2 inch distance in change, or I can say I feel more crunched up on the 08, I know this is a different bike to compare to but when I get on my 08 Ultra after being on the 09 Roadking I really feel a bit cramped, You should visit the dealer and sit on a new Roadking so you can see for your self, I think the confort / distance is better for both the upper and lower parts of the body. I did put on the Sundowner seat and still have OE handlebars, for me this combo works.

Hmm, I've been thinking of changing my stock Fatboy bars to a Haritage bars.

Back