free website stats program I must Be Snake Bit | Harley Davidson Forums

I must Be Snake Bit

Jack49

Darn, I just fixed the problem with first gear grinding now when I took the ultra out for a test ride the engine light came on and the battery light came on. My volt meter dropped to under 12 volts. Rats

I think there's a stator and a rectifier does anyone know where I can find them and what's the best way to test them :wall

OK Guys I found the self help and I did a bunch of testing on the stator first and everything checked out. First I checked the resistance from pin to pin then from pin to ground on all 3 pins and it passed the test. The regulator passed the light test but and here's the big but.
I started the motor and tested the voltage coming out of the regulator and it measure .37 volts. If I'm correct the output of the regulator when the motor is running should be 13.8 to 14.2. So Me thinks its the regulator. Do I have any takers out there?:newsmile077:

OK Guys I found the self help and I did a bunch of testing on the stator first and everything checked out. First I checked the resistance from pin to pin then from pin to ground on all 3 pins and it passed the test. The regulator passed the light test but and here's the big but.
I started the motor and tested the voltage coming out of the regulator and it measure .37 volts. If I'm correct the output of the regulator when the motor is running should be 13.8 to 14.2. So Me thinks its the regulator. Do I have any takers out there?:newsmile077:

Sounds like we have a winner!!:D

:s Put your battery on the charger while you replace that bad regulator, that way your charging system wont over work it self the first time you fire it up:s

I know that on some models it can be a bit of a pest to get the feed wire from the regulator back to its correct location on the bike and some people splice into the old wire and this can be a cause of problems down the road so take your time and get that wire to its correct location

Brian

Back