free website stats program I just did it......! | Harley Davidson Forums

I just did it......!

harleybiker

I just changed my oil by myself, oil, O-ring, and filter. I know to many of you it's not a big deal but for me it was and is a big deal. I feel proud with accomplishment and the whole job didn't take much longer than 30-45 minutes. Also used a bit of the blue loctite on the drain plug. Old O-ring was shredded. Put a K&N chrome filter on and replaced with Amsoil Syn oil, 3 quarts. Took her out for a ride of about forty miles or so and no leaks on my garage floor. Oh and I torqued the drain plud to 15lbs. Does all of this sound logical and correct? Thanks.
hb

It sounds good except for the blue locktite on the plug.Not needed and probably didn't help with the oil in the threads of the case.

Glad you got your feet wet.:D

Nothing like doing it yourself!!! Do you have service manual for your bike? If not, highly suggested to get one.
I did the 5K service on my FB, so I know, without a doubt, everything is as it should be. Including alot of $$$$$ in my pocket.
wilks3
:USA

Far out!!!
I just flushed the engine oil.
Next time I plan to use one of these
..::Rogue Chopper::Twin Cam A Touring Kit::..

twincamatouringkit.jpg

This thing lets you remove almost 1 quart of oil that is still in the engine AFTER you flush the oil pan. It's a little pricey but I like tools that help me do a complete job.

Good for you,, and the fact that you belong to the Greatest Harley forum on the net, the knowledge here is just endless. These guys will help you with anything, they are THE BEST... Ride Safe,,, Tim

Yet another successful story. Good for you. Saved yourself some gas money too.

Back