free website stats program I hate those street snakes! | Harley Davidson Forums

I hate those street snakes!

harleypr

Account Removed
I was out today and it was pushing 75 degrees. It has been raining for a month but I have still been able to put on about 1000 miles. The city has put tar on some of the streets where ever there was a crack. You have the tar and the warming conditions and it was like riding on ice. The rear was slipping all over the place. Not really dangerous just not the well planted feel that I usually get from my Deluxe. Everyone should watch for this as you begin piling on the miles. Might take my dirt bike out and have a little fun.:bigsmiley30:

They redid the streets in our little town of Ethan. resurfaced, tared and then put that (EDITED) redrock on top. Every corner is like loose sand, gotta really watch it.:newsmile077::bigsmiley19:

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate rain grooves and the metal reflectors we have on the roads in Florida:(

I hate rain grooves and the metal reflectors we have on the roads in Florida:(

I'm with you Jack. I don't know if raingrooves help with 4 wheelers but whoever thought of them never rode a motorcycle. I think if they put the right pitch on the roads they wouldn't need grooves to move the water. As for the reflectors I make a game of missing them when I change lanes or pass cars.

I'm with you Jack. I don't know if raingrooves help with 4 wheelers but whoever thought of them never rode a motorcycle. I think if they put the right pitch on the roads they wouldn't need grooves to move the water. As for the reflectors I make a game of missing them when I change lanes or pass cars.

LOL, the only good thing about the reflectors is they light up red when we are going the wrong way, ride safe Don, hope to see you some where here in Florida

LOL, the only good thing about the reflectors is they light up red when we are going the wrong way, ride safe Don, hope to see you some where here in Florida

Is that what the red means? No wonder everybodys honking at me, I thought they just liked my bike!:bigsmiley30::bigsmiley30:

The rear was slipping all over the place.

Are we talking about the same wiggle effect you get when going over a steel bridge? Isn't it the groove in the road and not actually the tar that creates that feeling. (?)

Are we talking about the same wiggle effect you get when going over a steel bridge? Isn't it the groove in the road and not actually the tar that creates that feeling. (?)

They use this sealer in Michigan on small cracks in the spring. When it is first applied some oil leaches out and it's like driving over 3" wide strips of ice. Going in a streight line is not bad but cornering, your tire will slip then grip then slip then grip. Some roads are covered from side to side, I would never attempt to hard corner on these things, I slow way down. After they collect enough dirt and dry out they are OK. Judging from my own loss of control I would assume that they have caused some accidents; I would like to find out.

Back