free website stats program I Finally Did It. Had A Revelation | Harley Davidson Forums

I Finally Did It. Had A Revelation

Rubbit

I have a 09 RG Black Pearl on order to arrive but had to know for sure if it was the right bike for sure. Looking at the many threads and posts, i had to make sure. I rode my buddies SG about 300 miles, highway, country roads, and city streets. Liked it a lot compared to my 08 Fat Bob. Decided it was time to get a bagger.

Anyway i rented a RG today and 50 miles down the highway I knew. I was looking for trucks to ride next to and test it, you know, how the turbulence affected it. It didn't, at least not compared to the SG. Nothing against the Batwing owners because they are sweet rides. But the RG is for ME.:D:D Anyway, just thought i would share my experience with ya'll. However at 5.8 i am looking dead at the top of the windscreen and will have to get a Clearview GT or Klockwerks 8 inch. Any thoughts?

Welcome to Bagger World! I'll throw my endorsement in for the Clearview with recurve. Great windshield, great quality, good price.

my riding is all types. back and forth to the firehouse year round, day ride up to the smokey mountains in one day and occasional weekend trips to Georgia or South Carolina to ride with my cousins. Good idea on couple of different windshields and seats. I was going to get a solo seat anyway for back and forth to work and around town and a short windshield. I just have to check and see the height of the 12 inch Klockwerks to make sure i can see over it, otherwise i will get the 8 inch and a Clearview for trips because the stock shield is worthless for me because of looking right through the top edge. Thanks for the responses.

Welcome to Bagger World! I'll throw my endorsement in for the Clearview with recurve. Great windshield, great quality, good price.

+1 for the clearview shield with recurve. Love mine. Get the 9" and you won't have to be changing out windshields. Tall enough for someone 6'3" (me) and short enough to see over instead of through. The recurve is magic against wind and rain. Congrats on the new bike. And of course- baggers rule.

+1 for the clearview shield with recurve. Love mine. Get the 9" and you won't have to be changing out windshields. Tall enough for someone 6'3" (me) and short enough to see over instead of through. The recurve is magic against wind and rain. Congrats on the new bike. And of course- baggers rule.

hey thanks for the respond. Glad to hear about the 9 inch. not quite as stylish as the klockwerks, but if it works better and u dont have to change out all the time, i like that. this is the best thing about this forum, tapping into what others have figured out. thanks again sneyers.

Back