free website stats program I did it again PCH heading south | Harley Davidson Forums

I did it again PCH heading south

ironmark

I just had to do it again the first time I went north on the PCH . I left on 4/18 & returned on 4/23 , this time I road the edge going south cant say enough about the ride or the views . This time I took the 101 north to Eureka & stayed there for the night . The next day I went up as far as Klamath & cruised around the Redwoods then headed down south to Legget & picked up the PCH highway 1 & rode that for a couple of days , this time I did just about 2300 miles in 6 days & had a great riding adventure . I did not run into any snow this time , I also took a couple of inland spurs that were fantastic riding . All in all this area of the US:USA offers some of the best riding you could ever want , IMO it gets 2 thumbs up:bigsmiley12::bigsmiley12: .

Attachments

• S7300515.jpg
    S7300515.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 39
  • S7300557.jpg
    S7300557.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 43
  • S7300565.jpg
    S7300565.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 39
  • S7300592.jpg
    S7300592.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 37
  • S7300549.jpg
    S7300549.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 37
Last weekend did the PCH from Golden Gate Toll Plaza to Santa Barbara not because I could, but did not want the mid-afternoon 90's heat due to thermal intermittant ignition module. Still, it is a fine technical ride with plenty of 30mph switch backs and turns for about 300 miles or so. Good practice counter-steering and counter-leaning (standing the bike up while body weight is inside of the turn for more bike ground clearance), sportbike crowd calls it "hanging off", I call it just plain fun. :D

I just had to do it again the first time I went north on the PCH . I left on 4/18 & returned on 4/23 , this time I road the edge going south cant say enough about the ride or the views . This time I took the 101 north to Eureka & stayed there for the night . The next day I went up as far as Klamath & cruised around the Redwoods then headed down south to Legget & picked up the PCH highway 1 & rode that for a couple of days , this time I did just about 2300 miles in 6 days & had a great riding adventure . I did not run into any snow this time , I also took a couple of inland spurs that were fantastic riding . All in all this area of the US:USA offers some of the best riding you could ever want , IMO it gets 2 thumbs up:bigsmiley12::bigsmiley12: .

Stop rubbing it in!

Awesome pics! I'm in flat Florida, but did live in Norcal when I was in highschool back in the mid-80's. I use to drive (in a car) Hwy 1 north from Golden Gate up to Stinson Beach and it was an amazing drive. I can only wish I had a bike back then.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Back