free website stats program I did a Oops. | Harley Davidson Forums

I did a Oops.

linesider75

I just recently traded in my '09 Heritage for a pre-owned '13 Ultra Limited. The Ultra was a rental so it was as stock as stock can be. First thing I did was put Rhinehart slip-ons, stage 1 breather with V&H Fuelpak. As a result I got very little noticeable increase in exhaust note and equally as little increase in performance. I didn't realize that this bike has the cats in the headers slowing everything down from the jugs. Now I'm shopping headers. Looking at V&H dresser duals or Rush true dual head pipes. Thoughts??? (aside from the obvious "you dummy". Took care of that on my own ) Thanks in advance!

Why not find a pre cat header pipe from a 09 and install it. The additional problem you may have is that the Rhinehart slip ons will probably not fit true dual headers which will then require new mufflers again. Why not ride as is for a while, for you now have a long hall touring bike and at times being to loud reduces travel capabilities do to excessive noise, headaches, ears ringing......:17:
Just a thought

Why not find a pre cat header pipe from a 09 and install it. The additional problem you may have is that the Rhinehart slip ons will probably not fit true dual headers which will then require new mufflers again. Why not ride as is for a while, for you now have a long hall touring bike and at times being to loud reduces travel capabilities do to excessive noise, headaches, ears ringing......:17:
Just a thought

+1 on that

Cut the cats out of your pipes, or go on ebay and find a set that already has them cut out. Then you can keep your stock headers in case you ever have to have it inspected for emissions.

Suggestion: ...(dbmg):D

My bike is a 09 FLHR and I'd agree to use that year UN-Catted Head Pipe.
Have seen them listed all over for a good price... (100$) Many are Lightly used take-offs just waiting for you...:s

I run Both sides using V&H slip-on mufflers... Yes I like to be heard and seen and Not toooooo loud (for me and the wife) Eh....

signed....BUBBIE

Back