free website stats program I Am Done With January...It Can Go Away And Never Return... | Harley Davidson Forums

I Am Done With January...It Can Go Away And Never Return...

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
Okay, I do not like to be a Negative Nellie...but I am completely fed up with January. It seems that the hits keep on coming at me. So, here we go...lots of bad things, sprinkled with a few rays of light. ;)

January 1st, our two poodle pups that just turned a year old December 21st, jumped out of the car and ran out of our parking lot of our gun store, shot straight down the side road and darted due north into the southbound lane of a two lane, 55mph road. Both dogs were hit and killed instantly, 30 feet from me. Seeing that, me feeling like I failed them, for so many reasons, and ultimately not protecting them, ripped my heart and soul from my chest. But, I kept telling myself that there was good in the way this happened. The dogs did not make a sound when they were hit. Not one whelp or whimper. Therefore they did not hurt or suffer. Just Steve & I. :( (And for the record, I am crying now as I type this.)

But on January 5th, after Steve & I both talking to the people we got the poodles from in the first place, we received a message that they had been keeping a bit of a secret. On January 1st, Ozzie & Maggie's mother gave birth to a litter of 12! The Rozzi's offered us 1st pick of '1, 2, 3, or whatever it takes to help heal our hearts'. I am in WV this weekend, well, 1st half of this week, so I went up and had dinner with them last night, a good cry with them again, and although they are still wee little wiggles now, I believe I know our next little buddy. His name will be Fergus. :) That is the name they have been using for him and I like it. ;) Kind of matches my bit of Scottish ancestry. (My heritage stems from the Ferguson Clan). ;) So, these 12 little dumplings have greatness in their future in my opinion since they came into the world doing good things.

So, just as I think my bad news is over, I get a phone call Tuesday night from my dad to tell me that he just got home from the hospital with my mom. She fell Monday (I think) but was still in a lot of pain Tuesday afternoon, so she went to the hospital to get checked out to learn that she had broken her T5 vertebrae in her back. Of course they tell me to not come home, but I had already planned a couple of days this week to be in WV.

I worked the store Saturday, and left the Cincinnati area just as the winter storm was developing in our area. Got out of town just as the rain was turning to ice, hoping to get in front of it to have a relatively stress free 3 hour drive. At about the half way point, I was no longer seeing sleet and freezing rain, so I tried to call them to give them an update. I did not get an answer, which seemed odd since it wasn't too late. As I had finished unloading the car at our apartment, I get a phone call from my brother, and then my mom at the same time. My brother had just left mom & dads. My dad fell in the driveway and hurt himself pretty bad. He would not go to the hospital that night, he said he hurt too bad. :O So me and my brother end up going to mom and dads at 7:00 yesterday morning, and after 2 hours or so, we finally had my dad up and loaded in my car to go to the hospital. (He was walking my nephew's dog and the dog took off after a deer we think, dad could not get his large hand out of the leash handle and got drug down the driveway after trying to run to keep up...) or something like that anyway. After spending the day at the hospital with dad, he only has 4 broken ribs, one is displaced, some ligament damage in his right hand, right knee, and his right hip/groin area.

So, I truly hope that all of the bad for 2019 is done with me. I am most certainly done with it! But, I do try to find some positive points in everything, so at least at this point, mom or dad neither will require surgery. Hopefully dad keeps active and doesn't develop pneumonia, and mom seems to be healing well. She said she wasn't in too much pain, but mom probably wouldn't admit it anyway...might be the Ferguson in her. ;) And on a side note, since we let the manager that came with the gun store when we bought it go and I have started managing the overall stuff, (Steve is on site for day to day operations) we are technically in the black this month...but sadly, that numb-skull was trying to bankrupt us I think...but we have made all the payments this month that he incurred, but we have very little left over. So, I think we will survive January and then hopefully start seeing an actual return on our investment. (And for the record, I stayed away most of last year mainly because I did not like the former manager and would have given him an earful.)

But hoping for brighter and better things for the rest of 2019.

Pretty devistating start of the year hopefully things will brighten up for you from now on
A new puppy always changes the dynamic in our lives

Brian

I hope your parents heal well and you can all relax under the tree this summer sipping on tea and laugh about this.

Thank you all...today was rough on dad for sure, not to mention the rest of us. Dads pain was pretty much off the charts. He did not want to get out of bed. I told him that I would give him today off, but tomorrow, he was getting up whether he liked it or not. Plus, mom has a doctors appointment in the morning, and dad is supposed to have one in the afternoon. Dad says he is not going, but then mom said that he had another one Thursday afternoon as well. He says he isn't going to that one either, but I am hoping that tomorrow is a better day and dad's attitude will improve. I almost had him willing to try and get going this afternoon, then he just kind of changed his mind, so I quit pushing him. I just didn't want him to get so aggravated that he doesn't want to try at all. I can generally get him to do more than my brother or sisters can, but I am starting to wonder about this setback. :( But tomorrow, I will be armed with some car talk and try to get him talking about entering a couple of car shows and see if that doesn't get him going.

That was my goal...;) I hope it helps, but this has been one rough month. We had a rough start about 10 years ago, but it went on all year. I certainly hope this year is just flushing the bad our right away. Coming home every evening to our apartment his kind of rough as well. Minimum internet, pretty close to no TV...nothing to keep my mind occupied. I have a couple of books I am working on, but it is just as hard to focus enough to read as well...So I end up where I do have a few friends around. ;)

Joy sorry to hear about your puppies and parents, January is almost over so hang in there..good thoughts and vibes going out to you!

Joy, your good attitude will help you get through all that comes your way. Sometimes it's a lot and you can't seem to get on top of it and you just carry on and try to keep your head up the best you can. Remember "HE" is with you!

Back