free website stats program Hutchins HD to close | Harley Davidson Forums

Hutchins HD to close

olddude

Hutchins HD in Yucca Valley, Ca. is closing, they have sold harley's since 1947I understand the MOCO wanted them to build a big new store. It is really a shame, they were great people to deal with, I bought 3 bikes from them and always got a great deal. I for one am sorry to see them go.

It is a shame The MOCO can dictate to the good dealers what they can do JMO

The Pensacola dealer said that every thing Harley has proposed he has signed onto. He has yet to lose a dime on it. I don't know what Hutchin's dealership looked like but is it a small old style one?

Its all about volume and sales. What we consider what it takes to be a good dealer to us may be totally opposite of what the MOCO considers to be a good dealer to them. The sales figures are what matters to the MOCO.

We like a dealer who is willing to go above and beyond when it comes to sales and service especially when warranty is considered. But look at it this way, everytime a dealer declines a warranty they are now purchasing the parts required to fix an issue and not asking the MOCO to eat the cost. If they are willing to build that big new facility the MOCO wants they are forced to sell that many more bikes, parts and accessories to stay afloat. In order to reach the sales figures required to do so usually entails methods that are less than appealing to most of us.

I am not saying I agree with the closing of what we might consider a "good dealer", just trying to point out that the MOCO is doing what it thinks is neccessary for it's own survival. Only time will tell..............

Harley has changed the dealer that I have been going to for over 30 yrs. was bought out and is now in a group of 4 dealerships all huge store's talk about volume. They gave me a great deal on a new FLHTK and beat everybody, don't know if thats good or bad the smaller shops will disappear.

Never have been to that place. Not long ago I went to Lancaster HD with a friend to pick up a used RK he had bought there. I was impressed with Lancaster. It was rockin' the Saturday I went.
That is the way it is going to be though, either pony up and build a super dealership or get forced out. I hope Simi Valley holds on. That is a smaller place, but nice and is my favorite HD dealer at present. I have a modern dealer right near me and I only go there for kick off for some PGR missions. Their pricing is above what you see MoCo listing on their website and I have no idea how much business they do. Most of the ones I ride with and know are looking for good 2007 and up machines used. My area is hard hit by the economy and might be the worst in the state if you count in all the house repos. Too bad really, but it will come around if everyone holds on.

Back