free website stats program Hurricane Florence | Harley Davidson Forums

Hurricane Florence

I hope everyone pulled through O.K.! I just found out that my house I lived in, in Spring Lake NC was flooded out bad! Thank God I'm in Europe now.... I would have been homeless! Maybe we can do a member check-in?

So the home your returning to,is gone? Or have you relocated?
no I was renting. But where I lived got destroyed. I am in Europe for the next 3 years. When I get back I will be buying a house but military life makes owning a home difficult

Michael was a tropical storm when the eye passed over my town. I think we got gusts only of 50 mph. Six inches of rain showed in my gauge, and had only small branches & debris from the 6 Huge oaks in my yard. Clean up took only a couple of hours. We were blessed. Two story houses are not fun in higher winds. Soo many creaks and groans.

Michael was a tropical storm when the eye passed over my town. I think we got gusts only of 50 mph. Six inches of rain showed in my gauge, and had only small branches & debris from the 6 Huge oaks in my yard. Clean up took only a couple of hours. We were blessed. Two story houses are not fun in higher winds. Soo many creaks and groans.
Hey Breeze,
Even tropical storms are no fun, you were blessed. The damage from storms is usually proportional to the amount of trees around the structure and the integrity of the building. Since I'm on the coast the creed is build the strongest house you can afford, have good insurance, and pray for the best.

Related we made reservations months ago to stay at Navarre on the beach next week. The condo owner said they had no damage from Michael, they were also blessed.

Back