Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by Jeff Klarich, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Experienced Member Contributor

To all the HDT family in and around the Carolinas, Be safe and take cover in the coming days.

2. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

I hope everyone pulled through O.K.! I just found out that my house I lived in, in Spring Lake NC was flooded out bad! Thank God I'm in Europe now.... I would have been homeless! Maybe we can do a member check-in?

3. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member

So the home your returning to,is gone? Or have you relocated?

Nikko684 likes this.
  4. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

no I was renting. But where I lived got destroyed. I am in Europe for the next 3 years. When I get back I will be buying a house but military life makes owning a home difficult

5. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Experienced Member

Michael was a tropical storm when the eye passed over my town. I think we got gusts only of 50 mph. Six inches of rain showed in my gauge, and had only small branches & debris from the 6 Huge oaks in my yard. Clean up took only a couple of hours. We were blessed. Two story houses are not fun in higher winds. Soo many creaks and groans.

6. gator508

gator508 Well-Known Member

Hey Breeze,
    Even tropical storms are no fun, you were blessed. The damage from storms is usually proportional to the amount of trees around the structure and the integrity of the building. Since I'm on the coast the creed is build the strongest house you can afford, have good insurance, and pray for the best.

Related we made reservations months ago to stay at Navarre on the beach next week. The condo owner said they had no damage from Michael, they were also blessed.