free website stats program Howdy from Chesapeake, VA | Harley Davidson Forums

Howdy from Chesapeake, VA

Dan.1977P

Just bought my own 06 FatBoy a couple weeks ago and I can't be happier with it. I've been mooching off my dad for the last 15 years since he's always had an extra bike in the garage for me to ride when we go. Decided it was time to get my very own bike I can wrench on and make truly my own.
Came with only 11,500 miles, was garage kept, no rust except on the rear fender frame bolt from using the wrong sized allen key, V&H Big Radius 2 into 2, Screaming Eagle Stage 1 A/C, PowerCommander III and a batwing fairing. Talked the dealer into pulling a sissy bar off another used bike.

Since bringing it home, I've stripped all the reflectors and done a complete fluid change including the brakes. I just don't trust anyone else, even though the front pads are obviously new as well as the tires. A friend also gave me a set of throw-over bags that I'm going to hard mount to the fender rail. I also plan on cleaning up the handlbar wires and signals. I want to be able to strip it down to the essentials when solo and have it be super clean but be able to put everything back on for 2-up touring.

The previous owner dropped it and left a nice little dent in the tank and some scratches on the primary derby cover. If a friend can't pop the dent using his dent removal tools, I'm going to go old fashioned and super-heat/cool it to see if it pops. If that doesn't work, I'll leave it till I'm ready to repaint and just bondo it. S/he also spent more time dry cleaning/polishing it than riding as there are swirls everywhere and even a few deep scratches from obviously not washing with soap and water before wiping it down. I'll be looking for help on what best to use to fix those issues on the paint but more the chrome as I've never fixed chrome before.

I'll stop rambling now. Thanks for reading.

Dan

I just noticed I typed too fast and spelled my own name wrong in my username. Any Mods who see this able to change it to Dan.1977P?
Thanks

Name Fixed!

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Back