• I like max 200 rear tires

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • they must be at least 200 or wider

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

mrsbumblebee

On almost every pic I look I can find them.... bikes with wide rear tires. In my opinion they all look the same and I really don't like them if they are too wide.
I changed my 160 to a 180 and I think that really looks good but lately a friend of mine put a 280 in his Deuce.... What do you think?

Depends on the bike,a custom with a real wide tire looks great,while an ultra would look silly

i ride my bike therefore i have to put tires on it once a year......lol you seen how much those wide tires cost?

I like stock. Reason is that those that follow me for the short time they are there, really arn't there for long for I'm usually . . . gone in seconds! With saddle bags, no one can see 'em anyway. The bike seems to handle very well so, I don't really like the cost of the extra wide tires. Just my .02 worth.
Ugly John

I think the 250 look's great. :D I have one on my newest build. Allthough handleing is deffinetlly compromised. I will stick with a 200 on any more builds i do. I beleive the phat tires look best on hardtails. Thats what i think they are for anyway. So the rider has a lil shock absorbsion.

If I rode a custom or something I'd probably feel different but I ride a bagger and the stock width works just fine for me.

If you like "Look at ME!!" style bikes, wide is wide. And the wider they get, the more cartoon-ish they look, to me anyway.

I agree with Hobbit, the wider they get, the worse they handle.

If you're looking at actual ride your bike, something that provides handling, stability and the ability to turn is what I would go with. That may be stock, it may not be.

There not a selection in the poll that I would choose, so I didn't vote.

Like Hobbit and SledDog wide tires look good, but in practice, they make the bike "standup" in turns and traction wise, the weight of the bike or rather the lack of weight makes wide tire handling tenuous in the twisties. They handle poorly especially for riders using them primarily for city street riding, with wearing tendancy to square the profile making the actual footprint in turns and even traction poorer as time goes on...okay for I guess for straight up drag racing, but then, would you be using street tires on a dragbike anyway?

Back