free website stats program How to smoke signal lenses | Harley Davidson Forums

How to smoke signal lenses

Jayrad883

Does anyone know how/or has anyone smoked their turn signal lenses. I am trying to find a way to do this without having to spent the 45 dollars for the kit from harley

I don't know if you can...stock lenses are colored so coating (i.e. paint) will make signals too dim. Also, HD's kit has colored bulbs w/smoke lenses to meet riding laws. Are you against buying anything HD, or just low on $$$? I say put a request in parts wanted, or make a Birthday wish list...good luck!

Go to the Hobby store and look at model paint. When I painted my yellow lenses to red there was a transparent red paint. There might be the same for smoke paint...

Have you checked Ebay???

Go to the Hobby store and look at model paint. When I painted my yellow lenses to red there was a transparent red paint. There might be the same for smoke paint...

Have you checked Ebay???

Great idea Bernie, he may also try a stained glass kit, The Redhead dot a kit from an art - hobby store and has had a ball with it, you can do some cool stuff here JMO

Corey beat me to it....I got mine on e-bay for 16.95, and that INCLUDED shipping. Besides you cant alter the red plastic....way to dark....trust me...we have tried it on the lens that we replaced.

BRIAN

Thank you all for your responses. I have just discovered the Dennis Kirk website. I think im going to order the lens covers off there (they are only like 5 bones a piece) i just didnt want to have to pay 45 bucks for the kit from Harley. I also think i may pick up a set of VH short shots while im at it..... :D:D:D:D:D

They Sell a spray called VHT night shades i used it on my orange covers turned out great... think i got it at O reily's for like 10 bucks i also used it on my headlight

Thank you everyone for your replies. I managed to find lenses at Dennis Kirk for $5 a pop, much better than the kit from Harley.

Back