free website stats program how to set up clutch springs - belt drive | Harley Davidson Forums

how to set up clutch springs - belt drive

Piotra

Hello, my next question is how to set up clutch springs in open belt drive.
I have Ultima belt drive. In instruction there is information that springs should be set up to have height 1.250 but for high power applications should be tight to 1.000

I have RevTech 100 inches engine. So should I set the springs at 1.250 height or 1.000 or maybe something between these values.
1.250 height is for "normal" engines and 1.000 for high power applications. I do not know if RevTech 100 inches is high power.

Maybe somebody can help me.

Piotr

I personally would set it up for high power. I think a high power engine in my opinion would be what you have. I believe a 80" evo would require the lower setting. JMO though.

Try the higher setting first and remember the open belt clutches tend to be a bit noisey and watch out for your pants they like to bite:)

Try the higher setting first and remember the open belt clutches tend to be a bit noisey and watch out for your pants they like to bite:)

Higher, you mean this 1.250 or setting for high power engine?

I was also thinking about setting something between these values, so eg. 1.175

And how I will know that setting is not correct and I have to change something?

Thanks for reply.

Higher, you mean this 1.250 or setting for high power engine?

I was also thinking about setting something between these values, so eg. 1.175

And how I will know that setting is not correct and I have to change something?

Thanks for reply.

If the clutch drags or doesnt engauge correctly, you should feel the free travel after you adjust it Good Luck, you can always go back and readjust very easy with an open primary

Last edited by a moderator:
Back