free website stats program How to play MP3 thru stock radio? | Harley Davidson Forums

How to play MP3 thru stock radio?

retgi

I'm somewhat challenged in this area. I want to play music through an mp3 player or flash drive. What is the cheapest/simplest way to do this? thanks.

I'm somewhat challenged in this area. I want to play music through an mp3 player or flash drive. What is the cheapest/simplest way to do this? thanks.

There should be a jack in the front of your radio. Get a male to male 3.5mm cable. Plug one end into the MP3 and the other into the radio jack. Set the radio function to AUX (the same button that switches from am to fm to weather band). and you will be good to go.

Then figure how to attach the player to the bike. Most folks just put in in their windshield bag

Your flash drive can't be connected directly to your radio. You will need to transfer your songs from the flash drive to your MP3 and follow the instructions above. I use a 6', M/M, 3.5mm currled cord - It is long enough to allow you to place the MP3 on your bike or keep it in your pocket.

On my FLTR, I stuff the MP3 player in the right glove box, set it to "shuffle all" and use thr short "jumper cable" that was included with my MP3. I plug it into the AUX input on the face of my OEM radio.

Helpful hint: set the MP3 player to it's LOUDEST setting. and control volume by the thumb switches

I burn them to Cd also have a couple with 150-158 songs on them
I don't know if it's my bike or what but my music sounds better when I do as you do and burn them to a CD. When I plug the MP3 into the aux jack of my radio it just doesn't sound as good. I also have the RoadTech MP3 player but I usually just play the CD's for the better quality sound that I get.

When you use an mp3 player make sure the volume on the mp3 player is not at max. Adjust the volume on the mp3 to allow the volume on your stereo to play at the same loudness as the radio. Too much volume on the mp3 player will cause distortion through the bikes stereo

i agree with taximan.. mp3 players have differernt volume outputs. my ipod at max volume will distort... some players might be fine, but i leave volume about 50- 75% on mine
WAP.gif

I put my songs on a Ipod and plug it into the radio with the above mentioned cable. Put a small chunk of velcro on the brake resivior and the back of the Ipod. Easy to remove and store out of site when needed.

Make sure they are in mp3 format and don't burn them to a RW CD. Some players won't play re-writable cd's.

Back