free website stats program How sweet it is- or was | Harley Davidson Forums

How sweet it is- or was

Good morning every one. Just had to tell some one.
After 2 months of rain and cold every week end it got up in the 60s Sat. After doing my chores took a short ride, about 100 mi. I was about to have biker withdrawals. It was a nice ride on country back roads and it was sweet. Hope all of you enjoyed your w/e as much as I did.

Fri morning we left our camp here in Salt Springs Florida and rode north on 441 to Homerville Georgia and west on 84 to Valdosta to 75 south back home. It was a beauti day and just short of 400 miles.
kemo

Sunday it got up to 44 degrees, so not as warm as you lucky riders, but the biggest change was snow melt. Only got in 60 miles and still had to take it easy since the roads were very wet from the melt and the dry spots are caked with salt. Cut the ride short so I could wash the bike with the sun shining. I have been in DEEP WITHDRAWL given the uncharacteristic winter we have had in MD. This week is supposed to be rain/ice/snow mix. I hope the weatherman is wrong!

I'm currently between bikes but got to ride a friend's 2nd bike yesterday for about 5 hrs. !st ride in 2 mo's. Yeehah. 67 degrees, clear sky and cold refreshments.

Last edited:
Still pretty cold and the streets are iffy with lots of salt. Heading to Key Largo on Sat. with the RK in tow. I'll may up for lost riding down in the Keys. :bigsmiley11:

It was in the mid to high 60's this weekend. We had a GREAT ride Saturday. 9 of us rode a little over 100 miles. I even talled my wife into jumping on and riding.

Good morning every one. Just had to tell some one.
After 2 months of rain and cold every week end it got up in the 60s Sat. After doing my chores took a short ride, about 100 mi. I was about to have biker withdrawals. It was a nice ride on country back roads and it was sweet. Hope all of you enjoyed your w/e as much as I did.

I'm with you on that! I got 200 miles in Sat. I'm surprised my face doesn't hurt from smiling the whole time. It is soooo nice to ride when it's the Perfect temp. It won't be long before Georgia will be in spring bloom. :)

Last edited:
Went out for about 4 hours Sunday with JDPEagle and his wife - I had to get home but they went even longer!

I think every person that owned or could get his/her hands on a motorcycle was out riding in north Georgia yesterday. Absolutely perfect weather!

Still cold and snowy here up north. I envy all you guys but it won't be long now till the KING is back on the road. Have fun and be safe!

Got into the low 60's here in Ohio. Got the bike out and got some riding in, but the snow is still melting and that made the road wet in a lot of places. Also, a lot of pot holes from all the cold weather this year.

Back