free website stats program How often do u change spark plugs? | Harley Davidson Forums

How often do u change spark plugs?

67wizard

Am wondering how often u change spark plugs. Just turned 20,000 on my 2010 UC. Checked he plugs and they look just tan to white, but look just fine. Think I need to change them? The book say change at 20,000.
Thanks

Once a year, HD plugs, my yearly mileage is around 14-19k not experienced a problem. just do because it worked the past 2 3/4 years...oh-oh, thanks for the reminder! :small3d007:

I replace mine every year but i only get about 3k per bike per year then the old ones go in the tool bag in case i need to replace on the road
as yet i havent had an hd branded plug fail but old habits die hard

Brian

Around 10K... Plugs are not that expensive, & I feel like it's good insurance for an enjoyable trouble free (From that stand point) ride.

I follow the book here, every 20,000 miles. I also check them for gap and color every couple months or so.

All I can say is, once you retire and live 50 miles out of Las Vegas NV. it don't take long. Plus I buy my toys to ride as much and as often as I can.

Am wondering how often u change spark plugs. Just turned 20,000 on my 2010 UC. Checked he plugs and they look just tan to white, but look just fine. Think I need to change them? The book say change at 20,000.
Thanks

I use Champion plugs, and change them when I change the oil in the engine. Plugs are cheap.

TQ

Back