free website stats program How much wire to spare on the 08 Handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

How much wire to spare on the 08 Handlebars

Bud White

Retired Moderators
I was thinking on a Riser if i could to lift them a little and bring them back is was only noticeable on long riders but i would like them a tad bit closer to me

well its for my 08 Road King Classic with ABS cruise and the wireless throttle .. i just want them to come up a bit 1" to 2" and back towards me 1" or 2" i just need to move it a little bit to be more comfortable

You need a special bar for that bike with the slots in the end that are necessary with the drive by wire.

im just talking about the Riser that the bar mounts to .. not the bars themselfs.. According to the service manual they still use a riser
2 1/2 like these

Those risers will not work for a road king due to the handle bar cover.

Harley also makes the "street slammer" bars to fit the RK's #[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]56391-04 [/FONT]that is open where the risers come through (special cover listed below #55854-07), looks kind of nice IMO.

prodimages%2F55854%5F05%5FM%5F2056c%2Ejpg

fitment.gif

Fits '01-'05 FXDL, '99-08 FXDWG, '06-'07 FXDB and '00-later FX Softail® (except FXSTS, FXCW and FXCWC), FLSTF, FLSTN and FLSTC models. Also fits '03-'07 Road King® models with separate purchase of Handlebar Cover P/N 55854-07 and '04-'07 FLHRS with additional purchase of Wind Deflector Adaptor P/N 58157-07. All models require separate purchase of additional installation components.Does not fit with Heated Hand Grips, Hydraulic Clutch Kits, handlebar mounted gauges, Road Tech™ Radio, or Softail® Nacelle Kit P/N 67907-96B.

prodimages%2F55854%5F07%5FVIEW2%5F2056e%2Ejpg

That is kind of different i might like something like that.. but at the price that will be down the road a bit

That isnt to bad but the bars are at 249 + the extras to make it work with the cableless throttle

Back