free website stats program How much was my Harley new? | Harley Davidson Forums

How much was my Harley new?

festus

What was the sticker price on my 89 FXSTS at the dealership?
Can't find any references to original sales prices for any years. It's driving me nuts.

I would guess sticker price somewhere at $10,250.00. I bought a new FLHS 1990 or 91 left over model for $9,100.00 after much haggling. Mine was the for runner to the Roadking, soley based on that it would be my guess.

:newsmile078:

My HD Data book shows msrp on 1989 FXSTS was $10,759, with 5,387 produced.

Last edited:
My HD Data book shows msrp on 1989 FXSTS was $10,759, with 5,387 produced.

Bingo! I knew I asked the right people. My friend that sold it to me said it was over 10 grand new and a dude that I first took it to for some work said it sold for about 5 grand new. I could not find a reference on the net for original sales prices. As far as how much it's worth now, that is anybody's guess. Insurance company said 2500 if totaled out, dude I took it to said 700 bucks or more if I parted it out, kelly blue book said about 6 or 7 grand. Prices are all over the place. I just gave my friend 3000 and he is ok with that. So far I put about 1000 into it with a carb upgrade, fluid changes, new throttle and clutch cables and a mechanical check up.
It sat for many years on a back porch and in a shed in New Jersey and was dropped once or twice denting the tank. But it only has 10000 miles on it and seems to be running ok now. Bottom line is that I like it and waited a long time to get it.

good luck with the machine, ride safe!
Breeze,, would you have production info for the 1984 FXRS?
Mine is early 84, since there were some significant changes mid year, makes getting parts a little tougher, but worth the effort so far. Thanks

good luck with the machine, ride safe!
Breeze,, would you have production info for the 1984 FXRS?
Mine is early 84, since there were some significant changes mid year, makes getting parts a little tougher, but worth the effort so far. Thanks

1984 FXRS "Low Glide" Evo 5 speed. MSRP $7,560. Lowered shocks, shorter front forks, diaphragm spring clutch, single front disc. Some very early '84's may have been assembled with shovelhead engines. Production 1,079 Production1,731. There are several '84 models listed twice with different production numbers. It is not explained, but must be the mid year changes you mentioned.

Back