free website stats program How much is a custom sportster worth | Harley Davidson Forums

How much is a custom sportster worth

mjohnsns

I have a 2007 Sportler XL Low that i need to sell the bike is totally customized it is a very nice bike it has 7000 miles on it and all services were done

Welcome Mjohnsns to HDTimeline, you will find a lot of good things to read about your ride as you work your way through the website. Plenty of things to make your ride yours, making it perform and easy to service when you have plenty of posters here to help you as well.

Regarding your question, Do you have a picture..."-totally customized" means different things to different people. Customized can mean new paint, new style or a total emphesis on performance, chopping or ground up dragster or street rod custom where virtually nothing is left "stock".

I have built a lot of custom cars and I can't see bikes being much different.One thing I have found out is they are only worth the right dollar to a discerning few.If you can afford to wait you can get your dollar for them,if not add a little over stock value add or best offer and go from there.

To the right person all that customizing you did means they dont have to and may be willing to pay a little more for it . the bank dosent loan money for "intrinsic" value.

The posts so far have pretty much outlined my feelings on the value of cusomizing anything. There may be a few folks who absolutely love what you did, and others may not. The problem with selling anything, motorcycle, car, antique whatever, is that it's worth what it's worth. As an example, about 15 or 20 years ago, my brother in law sold a '55 Tbird that he had done a frame off resto on. He is a competent restorer of cars, and specializes in 'Birds. His "buy it now" price was in the $20,000 area. I think the highest offer he got was low teens. As I recall, he really needed the money, so someone got a heck of a deal on a baby Bird....Good luck....

You're right on the money with purchasing a restored old car. I am about 75% finished with a 1967 Galaxie 500Xl convertible, 390 4 speed. I have owned the car for about ten years, the resto has been ongoing for about 5. It was originally a C-6 car, and retrofitting it with the toploader was a project that I will never tackle again. With cars in the process of restoration, although you put out a lot of time and money, until the car is 100% done, you will never get "what you have in it". Cars like that are great deals. All of the hard work is done......

Like they said above, take off the stuff you put on, list them on ebay or craiglist. Times are tough. Below is a "04" XL883 with SE pipes, windshield, hard color matched bags with 2010 miles that I recently bought for $2800.00

Attachments

• sportster.jpg
    sportster.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 20
Back