free website stats program How much air in rear suspension ? | Harley Davidson Forums

How much air in rear suspension ?

The wife and I riding tonight ,bottom out a couple of times . Between the two of us about 400 pounds. How much air should I put in ?? 09 electra glide classic.
Sorry if asked before. I do have the progressive pump. Thanks

whats the manual say ? i run about 20 psi in my 08 RKC with me and mrs and were above 400 total but i did change shock oil .. the psi can switch per year so best to refer to manual as a starting point

Manual says 40 to 50 psi, sounds like a lot that is why I am asking. I will call dealer tomorrow.

are ya sure thats not for the street glide .. SG can go up to 50 psi

my manual says 35psi max for everything not a Street Glide .. but again it does change .. dont count on getting the right answer from the dealer either

I started with 35 lbs in my 09 Ultra with two up. I am now at 42 - 45 lbs and it is a very nice ride two up at this level. To me this is a perfect level. We are about 350 total. (Mostly me) :p In my 09 50 lbs is fine. It is a new suspension.

From what I understand 07 was the changeover year .The early 07s were 35max. psi. late 07 on was 50

Back