free website stats program How many miles in a day? | Harley Davidson Forums

How many miles in a day?

D.Bradfield

How many miles can you put behind you in a day and on what bike, comfortably? I ride a heritage and have put 500 miles on it in one day and felt good the next day. I don't believe you need to push to much and not be able to walk the next day.

It depends on what type of riding I'm doing. Long day ride maybe 600 to 700 mi. Out touring for two or three weeks 300 to 400 mi. I have two Harleys and it won't matter which bike. '94FLSTC or '05FLTRI

I've put 750 miles on my best day. I ride a FLSTS that fits me to a tee, from daylight to dark its a comfortable ride.

Lots of variables in the length of ride in a given day. Heat here in Fla. being a factor as well as thunderstorms. Some days it feels like you could ride 700 miles others 100. Whatever you do, do not ride to the point of severe fatigue. Whatever that number is, listen to your body.

I did 450 0n my 92 softail custom last summer on the way home from summer trip we had planned to stop over in central Scotland but the journey was going so well and the weather so good we just kept going heavens opened Temp dropped the last 150 miles was cold and miserable wife was on 94 dyna wide glide

Brian

Like the saying goes...."The right tool for the right job."
With the proper bike anything is possible. The longest day for me was 600 and I really did not want to stop...... Was not all highway either...:s

Just depends on the weather, roads, traffic, personal state of health, destination, moon phase, etc.

Furthest I've gone so far on my SG was a bit over 500 miles, all interstate, several good down pours. I was just trying to get as far north as possible the first day for my Blue Ridge Parkway ride the next 2 days. Probably could have gone farther but I knew I was only an hour or so from the north BRP entrance and I was ready to stop and have some dinner.

Back