free website stats program How long does it take to receive a special order bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

How long does it take to receive a special order bike?

toolmanpm

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on the HD Community, but I've been reading them for months. I decided to trade in my 06 Road King Classic for a 09 Ultra Classic, Peace Officer Edition. I placed my order on Aug. 28th and tomorrow will be 8 weeks. I checked with the dealer today and was told that it hasn't made it to the "Build Report" yet, so no shipping date. All the dealerships that I checked with gave me the 6-8 week delivery time. Does anyone know what time frame I may be actually looking at?

Thanks & ride safe!

Paul

I think 6 to 8 weeks is the dealers stock answer to almost any question! :D
I'm guessing that, with the cutbacks at the MOCO, it may be on the long side of the 8 weeks.

Ordered mine Aug 7. Took delivery on Oct 9. That was about 10 days later than the dealer guesstimated. In my case it made the build report several weeks before delivery.

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on the HD Community, but I've been reading them for months. I decided to trade in my 06 Road King Classic for a 09 Ultra Classic, Peace Officer Edition. I placed my order on Aug. 28th and tomorrow will be 8 weeks. I checked with the dealer today and was told that it hasn't made it to the "Build Report" yet, so no shipping date. All the dealerships that I checked with gave me the 6-8 week delivery time. Does anyone know what time frame I may be actually looking at?

Thanks & ride safe!

Paul

Hey Paul,
First -- Welcome ! Talked to my dealer about your U.C.P.O.E. and he said that at his shop it takes 90 days , 3 color schemes , you have to be active or retired L.E.O., you can order one every year if you want, and his shop is giving $2 K off retail. He also stated that about the only way you could get one "earlier" is if dealer had one that was not accepted by the buyer..

Thanks everyone for the reply. The dealers around SW Florida and Orlando varied with discounts from $400- $1500 off MSRP for Police Officers. The dealer that I ordered it from gave me the best trade in on my 06 Road King Classic. He gave me about $3,000 over book! I ordered the Black Ultra and going crazy waiting for them to call and at least tell me what day they should expect it. Dealer also had their 18th anniversary and had 20% off everything except bikes. My wife just about dropped when she saw the size of the box of assessories that I took home! Hey I saved $600 how can you beat the 20% off? At least living her in FLA. I will still be able to ride it when it comes in.
Take care and be safe,
Paul

Paul

It's not that I doubt your word but I know how dealers work and the prices they pay for trade ins.
If he gave you the 3K over the value of the bike, they probably made it up elsewhere and they gave you one heck of a deal too.

The FLHRCI wholesale Trade-In Value (Good Condition) is $11450

Assuming they 3k was over the trade in value, they gave you $14450 for the bike ?

Suggested Retail Value $15385 in the KBB book

Glider, I just traded in my '04 ultra on Saturday for $14K. Look that up in KBB. It had 25K miles and had nothing notable to make it worth more. I paid MSRP for my '09 FLHX. I did pay $225 in dealer prep, as listed when I negotiated the deal last month, and 4.9% interest. I think they are making deals right now to move bikes. I'm sure it differs from dealer to dealer, and region to region. He may be right on target, judging by my experience 2 days ago.

Or your Spidey sense could be right, who knows.

---

Oh, and I got 20% off all accessories.

The ultra has a trade in of $10900 which is what most dealers would pay for it and a suggested retail of $14680. Judging from past experiences and knowing how the dealers work, that's a great trade in for your ultra. I've never known dealers to give much more than wholesale trade if that.

Re: UPDATE!! How long does it take to receive a special order bike?

Well I got the latest update from the Dealer last week. Apparently they did order my Peace Officer 09 Ultra on Sept. 19th, 9 weeks ago. When I called to inquire I found out it still was not showing up on their build report, so they finally called HD to find out what the status was. Apparently the electronic order was held up in "Que" and HD didn't process the order! Reportedly HD told the dealer that they were not sure if they (the dealer) wanted the bike! The HD rep. added a note to the order indicating that there was a delay or mess-up with the electronic order and to please add to the build and fit in earlier if they could. This past week the dealer called me and said that my bike was on the build report and shows a tentative ship date of Dec. 12th! The dealer is trying to tell me that this is a new way of ordering bikes, so who do you believe? I'm going to see what I can get out of the dealer for the mess-up.

Back