free website stats program How i made my own trim piece 52447-96 | Harley Davidson Forums

How i made my own trim piece 52447-96

fabrozor

I changed my seat and the new one was shorter, that let appeared a part of the tank.
Harley sells the little leather piece for some $$ but i found here and there some re-usable parts to make my own for cheap.
A plastic oil qt can, a piece of false leather (i don't remember the word in english), some neopren glue, a pair of cisors, and here we go ... (here is the slideshow just below).

ImageShack(TM) slideshow

Ok that doesn't look like a pro's work but, that will do the job.

Looks good to me
always nice to see some imaginative work rather than spending money at the dealer and im sure youll never see another the same

Brian

Thank you Brian.
I forgot to say, the first picture of the slideshow is the harley trim piece, not the one i made.

a piece of false leather (i don't remember the word in english),
Ok that doesn't look like a pro's work but, that will do the job.

The false leather word could be "naugahyde, vinyl or synthetic". I admire your command of more than one language.

I think your cover looks very good. Nice thinking.

I think it turned out great. The best thing is you made it and it looks great. congrats

Looks good, bro. Inspired me. I have a gap in the same place on my electra glide..might do the same thing.

The false leather word could be "naugahyde, vinyl or synthetic". I admire your command of more than one language.

I think your cover looks very good. Nice thinking.

I wonder how many nauga's gave their lives. :p

Nicely done!

Back