free website stats program How 'good' is a 2008 Road King Screaming Eagle? | Harley Davidson Forums

How 'good' is a 2008 Road King Screaming Eagle?

Johan

Would appreciate your help
Are the above a 'full' Screaming Eagle spec or has the factory taken some short cuts?(I have fitted a race tuner and a set of V&H ovals)
I also received a recal on the head gasket that will be replaced under waranty; Mine does not leak and I am uncumfortable to replace it if it is still fineafter about 3090km(2000Miles); I am worried that more damaged will be done by taking the heads off than leaving it with the 'inferior' gaskets!!

Johan... I had the "enhancement" campaign recently done with the FLHRSE3 here. Likewise I was hesitant. 5,000 miles and no problems. I don't believe shortcuts were made and believe Milwaukee is sincere about having these 110" engines prove to be reliable and long lasting. So far, no issues, and a sense I don't have to look for any gasket leaks. I'd go for it.

Thanks for your advice on tha recall, Had mine done this week and they found a leaking rear gasket. The bike start and runs a lot better !!!

Back