free website stats program How does it know? | Harley Davidson Forums

How does it know?

gasbag

Riding through a small community here, I stopped and found a directory map which is located permanently on a street corner.
On the map there is a red dot that says "You are here". How does it know?
Then at the other end of town there is another directory. Again the spot..."You are here". How does it know?
Then again at an outlet mall down the road. Just how do these signs always know where I am?

I bought one of those insulated souvenir cups at the outlet mall. Keeps cold stuff cold and hot stuff hot.
It always gets it right. But just how does it know?

I get so confused.:bigsmiley30:

I always have to figure out where I am at on the map; either by the town that I am in, just went through [thru] or what intersection I just passed. The funniest thing that I still see, as far as looks on peoples faces, is when I say that Chicago to Dallas is only this[--------------------] far on the map. Coincidently, nobody has ever accused me of being very smart.

You just have to remember this.

If you're not here, you're there, if you're not there, you're somewhere in between!

I think it is the same concept that when you loose something and then find it, it was the last place you looked.

Toby

Like the GPS when missing a turn. Make a left at first available. I would have ended up in the river. Sometimes it really does not know.......:D

I think it is the same concept that when you loose something and then find it, it was the last place you looked.

Toby

I tested this. I was looking for my keys. Found them ok but I looked one more time under the couch... nope did not find them the last place I looked.
Now what do I do?

Back