free website stats program How do I check my tachometer ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

How do I check my tachometer ??

ron1978

I have the Harley 2-5/8" tach , it lights up, and when I turn key on the needle looks to move and register right, but will not move when bike cranks
How do I check the gauge? It has a ground , positive+. And a S .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    517.4 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    974.9 KB · Views: 16
First off what bike are we talking about? Ck. the ground & positive+ to make sure they are good and getting battery. I would think they are because the light works. The S terminal is the signal wire. I think it gets it pulse rate from the CKP sensor then thru the ECM.
tourbox

So are you suggesting that the tach has worked in the past and now is inoperative?

On the right in the 3rd picture ? ? ? ?

Could the Black wire be hooked up wrong? go UP and the Pink/white come down... NOT suggesting to try it but ASKING?

signed....BUBBIE

On the right in the 3rd picture ? ? ? ?

Could the Black wire be hooked up wrong? go UP and the Pink/white come down... NOT suggesting to try it but ASKING?

signed....BUBBIE
Good question Bubbie which is why I asked my question. Surfing the web these Harley factory add on tachs can be a handful to properly connected related to year. It seems that this is not a plug and play option. You have to wire into said system on bike...

Back