free website stats program how can I upgrade a 2008 Road King Screaming Eagle | Harley Davidson Forums

how can I upgrade a 2008 Road King Screaming Eagle

Johan

I am crazy about supreme effective engines. I am realy impressed by all the clever and knowledgeable people on this site, so please help!!!
What would be the best way to improve my 2008 RK SE?
I have already added a Race Tuner and a set of V&H Ovals

How about stripping the chrome and going stealth? :tounge

Sorry, couldn't resist since I'm busy buying chrome to make my '09 FLHR look more like the Screaming Eagle.

If you want more chrome, look at the Kuryakyn turn neck covers. That will dress up a part of the bike often overlooked. And, while they are not particulary noticeable, LED front and rear turn signal lights and a run-turn-brake controller are a good safety investment. Perhaps Lizard Lights if you like that sort of thing.

Just peruse catalogs and go to bike meets. That's a good way to get ideas. I took my wife to a bike meet this weekend and it's already added to the Harley tax! :newsmile093:

<edit> Ooops! Just re-read the original post and realized this post is totally irrelevant. Well, on the engine front, how about talking to Boss Hog about a V8 for it?

Last edited:
What is it that you want to improve? The motor, you have 110" that could probably benefit from cams and more headwork if you want more power out of it:)

That is what I am interesred in. Are the heads and intake system 'full' Screamimg Eagle modified or can one still improve them?

That is what I am interesred in. Are the heads and intake system 'full' Screamimg Eagle modified or can one still improve them?

You can always improve, depending on how much cash you want to part with:D They are modified as HArley likes to modify them, remember it still has to meet EPA and all the other stuff from the manufacturer. There is more potential left there are many companies that cn help you.

How big a valve do you want?Never had a set of 110" heads in your hands have you?The 110 SE heads are good heads.You'd have to go a long ways to need more head.Cams,compression and a map would do more than most would need,want.Oh and a hint,wait for the next version of the Super Tuner.

Hi Fisher,Thanks for the info
you say I should be happy with the 110 heads?
I have already installed the race tuner;Is the Super Tuner so muchbetter?

Simple recipie.
Wood 8 cams
55 HPI/good air filter set-up
Head modifications, to include spin-drop to correct the ugly squish from the Moco.
Good exhaust, and good tune. Ride and smile.

Hi Fisher,Thanks for the info
you say I should be happy with the 110 heads?
I have already installed the race tuner;Is the Super Tuner so muchbetter?

no the super tuner is made by a diffrent company then the race tuner.
the same company that makes the new TTS made the Screamin Eagle Race Tuner for the moco.
here is a link
TTS - MasterTune EFI Programming Software
the super tuner has been known to lock up during down loading a new map and screwing up the ecm.
bad news when that happens.

Back